Board of Zoning Appeal Application
The following information is provided for information purposes. For additional information, please contact Jackson Township Zoning Department at 832-8023.
- An application can be made at the Zoning Office for a variance, a conditional use certification, or appeal a decision of the Zoning Inspector. You will need to submit the following information on you application to be considered complete:
- Completed Zoning Application for the request and appeal application. All applicants should be aware the Board reserves the right, prior to issuance of any granted permit, to require the reduction and filing with the Board any display documents (renderings, drawings, etc.) which are of such a nature that the applicant is unable to leave the original document is of such a size or made of such a material as to be impractical to be made a part of the file. All such oversize documents must be reduced to a size not more than 11” by 17”.
- Filing Fee is payable at the time application is submitted to the Zoning Office:
(1) Variance Request: $350.00
(2) Conditional Use Request: $400.00
(3) Renewal or Review: $350.00
(4) Other Requests $350.00
- Parcel Number, Tax Mailing Names and Address-Provide the parcel number, tax
mailing names and addresses of adjoining/adjacent property owners. The parcel number and property owner name for each adjoining/adjacent property may be obtained at the Auditor’s map office (Stark County Office Building-110 Central Plaza South). The tax mailing addresses may be obtained from the Treasurer’s office at 110 Central Plaza South, Canton, Ohio.
- The application will not be processed without submission of the proper information. After properly submitting to the Zoning Administrator, the application is then referred to the Jackson Township Board of Zoning Appeals.
- A hearing date and time will be set. The applicant will be notified by Certified Mail; adjacent and across the street property owners will be notified of the hearing date and time by regular mail according to law.
In the case of a variance request, the applicant must be prepared to show a hardship or practical difficulty. For additional explanation, please refer to “variance” definition in the Zoning Resolution Book. Examples of hardships or practical difficulties are available at the Zoning Department.
- Any pertinent information required by the Zoning Resolution relative to the application must be provided at least ten (10) days prior to the hearing date. This includes the site plan and/or landscaping site plan. If the request is for a Conditional Use, submission of documentation according to Section 802 and the answers in writing to pertinent subsections of Article IV, Section 431 is required.
- The hearing will be advertised in a newspaper of general circulation at least ten (10) days prior to the scheduled hearing.
- In the event of approval of the request by the Board of Zoning Appeals, the applicant should call the Zoning Department for information as to when permits may be secured.
- In the event any party adversely affected by the decision of the Board of Zoning Appeals objects to the action, an appeal must be filed within thirty (30) days in the Stark County Common Pleas Court for further action.
- Applicant shall be responsible for additional costs incurred as a result of the cancellations, continuances or changes to the original request caused by said applicant. He will be responsible for additional costs incurred in the event of re-advertisement and re-notification or special studies deemed necessary by the Board.
- Upon submission of an application the applicant and/or property owner gives permission to zoning personnel to access the premises affected (property) for purposes of investigation of the request.