The Jackson Township Board of Trustees is accepting applications for the position of full-time Patrol Officer in the Police Department. The Jackson Township Police Department’s mission is to enforce the laws of the State of Ohio in a professional, unbiased manner and to provide courteous service to the township residents and visitors. The Jackson Township Police Department includes numerous specialized units, such as Detective Bureau, School Safety Division, Canton SWAT, FBI Safe Streets, Stark County Metro Unit, Property Officer, K-9 and Community Oriented Policing Model.
*Individuals currently enrolled, or recently graduated from a Police Academy and obtained their OPOTA certification, including current Police Officers, are encouraged to apply!*
QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS:
• Applicants must have a high school diploma or equivalent;
• Be at least 21 years of age;
• Be a United States citizen;
• Possess a valid driver’s license;
• Applicants must be currently enrolled in a Police Academy or recently graduated with an OPOTA certification; or individuals who already have their OPOTA certification may apply.
HOW TO APPLY:
Applications may be found on our website under "Employment Opportunities"
A completed application with the following documentation must be attached, if applicable:
• Cover Letter
• Copy of OPOTA Certification
Submit documentation by email to SKapper@JacksonTwp.com with the subject line stating: Patrol Officer. Alternatively, in person at:
Jackson Township Administration Building
5735 Wales Avenue N.W.
Massillon, OH 44646
BENEFITS & SALARY:
The Jackson Township Police Department offers competitive wages and benefits as well as opportunities for growth all while serving a community that supports their Police Department.
This position is eligible for a full range of Township benefits including:
• Medical, prescription, dental and vision insurance;
• Paid time off / 12 paid Holidays
• Ohio Public Employees Retirement System (OPERS)
• 20K Township paid Life Insurance Policy
• Supplemental Life Insurance Policies
• Employee Assistance Program
• Flexible Spending Account
• Paid Uniform Allowance
The Collective Bargaining Agreement between Jackson Township and the Fraternal Order of Police determines the salary for this position.
• Entry Level - $61,629.76
Applications, resumes and cover letters are subject to public disclosure in accordance with the Ohio Revised Code. Jackson Township is an Equal Opportunity Employer and maintains a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity for all employees and applicants. Jackson Township does not discriminate in employment or the provision of services on the basis of race, color, national origin and ancestry, gender (sex), religion, age, disability, sex (wages), military status, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other characteristic protected by Federal or State law.
Date Posted: September 6, 2022