Recreational fires include the following:
These recreational fires must be no larger than 2 feet high by 3 feet across and cannot last longer than three hours. Clean, seasoned firewood or the equivalent is the only combustible material permitted for these types of fires.
As a reminder, the burning of leaves, garbage or other waste products is prohibited in Jackson Township.
Residents who choose to use a propane grill for their outdoor activities should follow these simple safety tips:
- Check the supply hose from the LP tank to the grill for leaks
- Clean excessive grease from the cooking surface
- Move the grill a safe distance away from your home when in use
- Remember to shut off the LP tank valve when not in use
Click on the link below for Ohio’s Open Burning Regulations:
- Please note Ohio’s annual spring and fall burn bans.
- In Ohio, open burning is prohibited in March, April, May, October and November between 6 a.m. and 6 p.m., according to the Ohio Division of Forestry. The ban includes burning of yard waste, trash and debris
If you have any questions regarding recreational fires or propane grill safety, or have fire safety concerns, please feel free to contact the Fire Prevention Bureau at 330-834-3951.
Jackson Twp Fire Dept-Canton to see all available options.