- “Commercial lawn or tree service” means a person or business for hire who provides custom design landscapes, estate landscape management and grounds/yard maintenance services to include yard mowing, and tree trimming and removal services.
- “Deposit” means to throw, drop, discard, or place.
- “GVW” means the gross vehicle weight rating (GVWR), or gross vehicle mass (GVM) is the maximum operating weight/mass of a vehicle as specified by the manufacturer including the vehicle’s chassis, body, engine, engine fluids, fuel, accessories, driver, passengers and cargo but excluding that of any trailers.
- “Litter” means garbage, trash, waste, rubbish, ashes, cans, bottles, wire, paper, cartons, boxes, automobile parts, furniture, glass, treated wood, construction grade materials or anything else of an unsightly or unsanitary nature.
- “Person” means an individual person, firms, partnerships, limited liability companies, or corporations, their agents, trustees, heirs or assigns.
- “Public property” includes any private property or public property open to the public for the conduct of business, the provision of a service, or upon the payment of a fee.
- “Resident” means an individual living in the unincorporated and incorporated areas of Jackson Township, Stark County, Ohio.
- “Yard debris/waste” means grass, grass clippings, bushes, shrubs, and clippings from bushes, shrubs, and tree or plant branches not larger than two (2”) inches in diameter, and longer than four (4’) feet.
Section 101.HOURS OF OPERATION.
- Hours of operation shall be established by the Jackson Township Board of Trustees and may vary due to seasonal needs of the community.
Section 102.PERMISSIBLE USE OF YARD DEBRIS/WASTE DROP-OFF SITE.
- Residents may bring properly sized yard waste from their township properties to the Jackson Township Yard Debris/Waste Drop-off site during established hours of operation, and deposit the yard waste in the designated drop-off area.
- Commercial lawn and/or commercial tree services (resident and non-resident) are prohibited from depositing yard waste and non-yard waste at the site.
- Commercial businesses, commercially labeled or unlabeled vehicles or vehicles in excess of 9500 (3/4 ton pick-up truck) GVW (resident and non-resident) are prohibited from depositing at the site. Trailers in excess of twelve (12) feet in length are prohibited from depositing at the site.
- No person, regardless of intent, shall deposit, litter or cause litter to be deposited on any public property or private property to include the following materials:
- Plastic bags (may be used for transport, but must be removed from site)
- cut trees
- branches larger than two (2”) inches in diameter, and longer than four (4’) feet
- construction materials
- treated wood
- No person, regardless of intent, shall deposit yard waste or cause yard waste to be deposited outside the designated drop-off area for yard waste
- Whoever violates this Legislation shall be issued a civil citation in the amount of five hundred dollars ($500.00) on the first offense and a civil citation in the amount of one thousand dollars ($1,000.00) for each subsequent offense under this Section. All fines collected for violation of this Resolution shall be paid into the General Fund.
- If any of the provisions in any of the sections of the above legislation should be rendered invalid or unenforceable by the enactment of statutory law or by a Court of competent jurisdiction from whose final judgment or decree no appeals have been taken within the time provided thereof or by any administrative or executive official having authority to rule in the matter, such legislation, decision or ruling shall not affect the validity of the surviving portions of this legislation which shall remain in full force and effect as if such invalid portion thereof had not been included therein.
Section 106.EFFECTIVE DATE.
- This Legislation shall be effective thirty (30) days after passage by the Board of Trustees. Effective May 25, 2018.
I have read and understand the above rules and regulations and I agree to abide by them at all times.